Super 104 ?

Johnba

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Super 104 that really does a great job. The only complaint I have is that grass tends to collect between the rear drive wheels and the mower body and eventually migrates into the belt deck and throws the drive belt off of its' forward pulley.

I try to reach behind the wheel and pull the grass out every hour or so which does seem to help.

A mower shop that I purchase parts at said that there is an add-on part made for that problem. When I make it back to that shop I plan to ask about it. In the meantime I have asked my dealer and they have not heard about it but would check on it.

Just wondering if anyone might be familiar with this part.

kraky

Threads
You 104 owners are a rare breed even here on the Hustler forum.
There are a lot of friendly people here but I'm not sure that too many are going to be able to help you..... and most of us are probably pretty darn jealous of being able to drive a unit like that in the first place! Just saying...lol.
I can tell you though that if you send an email to Hustler via their website they usually get back to you quite quickly at least they have to me.

Johnba

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the response. Will follow your suggestion.

Don't be too jealous. It comes with more maintenance. I can change the blades, scrape the deck, blow off the grass on my 72 in an hour and I am slow. The 104 takes me 3 hours. Blowing out all the grass takes a while. 4 covers to remove. The wings do make it easier to change 2 of the blades.

It is a fun experience to cut that wide of a cut but I would trade the 104 and get another 72 rather than vice versa. That 72 is a hoss.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have access to a compressor get a long air duster they come up to 4' long.
This means you can blow out the housings without removing them and you are far enough away not to end up eating hay.

Johnba

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your comment. Fortunately I do use an extended wand on my compressor hose for getting in to the many areas that grass accumulates. It really helps me to reach back to the rear drive belt area and behind the wheels.
Most of the grass I cut is a very heavy Bahia grass that will grow an inch a day with adequate moisture. Normal height I cut is 8 to 18 inches. The 104 does a great job. It just requires more servicing, especially belts, than my 72.