Bad Starter Motor?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you want to start throwing money away go buy one of those stators. You will have to rewire your unit, as the wiring harness is not set up for a changeover. As I said, the voltage regulator mounted on the engine does not belong to your engine. In my opinion you would be better off buying a good multimeter and get a wiring diagram for you unit, as reynolston posted. If you don't understand how to use a multimeter and wiring diagram to pinpoint your problem, then you have two options. Start replacing parts until you solve the problem or take it in and have someone who understands how these systems work to fix it. It's your choice on how to spend your money. I cannot teach someone how to electrically troubleshoot a unit on this forum.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
If you want to start throwing money away go buy one of those stators. You will have to rewire your unit, as the wiring harness is not set up for a changeover. As I said, the voltage regulator mounted on the engine does not belong to your engine. In my opinion you would be better off buying a good multimeter and get a wiring diagram for you unit, as reynolston posted. If you don't understand how to use a multimeter and wiring diagram to pinpoint your problem, then you have two options. Start replacing parts until you solve the problem or take it in and have someone who understands how these systems work to fix it. It's your choice on how to spend your money. I cannot teach someone how to electrically troubleshoot a unit on this forum.
when its running, I get 13.49 at battery and .042 at stator

Attachments

• 20170604_144905.jpg
    20170604_144905.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 5

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I got a bigger problem now. Its got a huge oil leak from somewhere.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
From what I have read, tge different color plug connectors signify different amp ratings from the stators.

This is what I am telling you. The wiring diagram is your road map and shows you how everything works. Would you go to a mechanic to have your mower fixed that just changes parts till they found the problem? Keep going and I do hope you the best of luck. :thumbsup:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are measuring battery voltage and if hooked up properly stator amperage. Two different electrical measurements. If you have 13.49 volt at the battery and it goes up when you increase engine speed, your charging system is working properly. Have no idea why you would want to measure stator amperage.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
You are measuring battery voltage and if hooked up properly stator amperage. Two different electrical measurements. If you have 13.49 volt at the battery and it goes up when you increase engine speed, your charging system is working properly. Have no idea why you would want to measure stator amperage.
Because the Briggs website said to test it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They know more than me, and neither me or you know why, so I'm going to have to let them help you and get out of the way. Good luck.