Bad Starter Motor?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you look around you should find a second yellow plug and a white or clear plug. Yellow goes to yellow and clear goes to red. You'll find the numbers usually behind the left rear wheel, on the chassis. It will be a black and silver tag. After you plug in the voltage regulator, start the procedure.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
If you look around you should find a second yellow plug and a white or clear plug. Yellow goes to yellow and clear goes to red. You'll find the numbers usually behind the left rear wheel, on the chassis. It will be a black and silver tag. After you plug in the voltage regulator, start the procedure.

Thanks. Do both plugs connect to the stator? Should I pull off the engine cover? I don't see anything unconnected.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yellow goes to stator. Red will send voltage to battery, you should find a red wire either coming directly from the battery or connected to the battery terminal on the solenoid.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
So I popped the flywheel off to expose the stator and I see the wires going into this harness. Dont see where they go from there... other than a relay and ignition switch.

Attachments

• 20170604_125215.jpg
    20170604_125215.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Does this have the wrong stator on it since its a white plug? And if so, and I get the right stator, do I just plug it into the voltage regulator? And leave the white plug unplugged?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
When I work on a electrical problem in my shop two very important tools I use are a wiring diagram and a multi volt meter. Well worth the money to buy. I find that wire colors and hook ups can change from year to year, models and brands. This can save you a lot of work and money from jumping all over the place and trying parts.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
When I work on a electrical problem in my shop two very important tools I use are a wiring diagram and a multi volt meter. Well worth the money to buy. I find that wire colors and hook ups can change from year to year, models and brands. This can save you a lot of work and money from jumping all over the place and trying parts.
From what I have read, tge different color plug connectors signify different amp ratings from the stators.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The voltage regulator which has nothing plugged into it does not go with the stator on your engine. If you look closely at your picture you will see what looks like a black plug with tape over it. It is an inline diode, which is used on your charging system. You are first going to have to get your engine running and then test the charging system for proper operation.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
The voltage regulator which has nothing plugged into it does not go with the stator on your engine. If you look closely at your picture you will see what looks like a black plug with tape over it. It is an inline diode, which is used on your charging system. You are first going to have to get your engine running and then test the charging system for proper operation.
My engine does run. So get the right stator, then what?