did I blow it up?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Symptoms are broken flywheel key. Possibly the key broke, engine spun full turn and stopped with key-way, aligned again on broken key. Timing is now way off, by 180 degrees. Need a flywheel puller and a $1.65 flywheel key.

Re-think that.

Small engines fire at TDC, no matter if it's on compression or not. I think the name for it is 'Maverick' ignition.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re-think that.

Small engines fire at TDC, no matter if it's on compression or not. I think the name for it is 'Maverick' ignition.

Did Maverick take drugs ?
Wasted Spark ignition is the name for 4 strokes that fire every revolution.

FahkNutz

Threads
Does anybody think I could have bent a valve when I tried to start the engine with the blades still on? Engine cranked over real slow like it was under pressure,well because it was. lol How hard is it to replace and adjust the valves?

Any updates?

Regwal

Threads
Make a static timing light with a 12v bulb and #12 wire. Search web for instructions on [static timing small engines] and apply to your engine. I'll bet you find something!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Make a static timing light with a 12v bulb and #12 wire. Search web for instructions on [static timing small engines] and apply to your engine. I'll bet you find something!

Unless your engine is a very old one with points tryingthis will fry the chip that controls your spark timing and you will be up for a new module $$$$$$$

Regwal

Threads
You are correct Bert and that is why I suggested doing a search. There is a lot of information on the web from different sources and only using "one" can get a person into lots a trouble.