Break in fluid change????

mowing addict

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello there everyone im new here . i have a question but first of all id like to say that i bought a 2017 Ferris 700z in February and its now June i have mowed a few times here i own 2 acres and it just zips!!!! anyway i seem to have misplaced my books i got with the mower and i cant for the life of me remember at what hours the fluid and filters need changed for the first time can anybody help? thanks in advance

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe you can download the manual off the Support section of their website. I couldn't do it because I don't have the particulars of your mower.

loneryder

Threads
Hello there everyone im new here . i have a question but first of all id like to say that i bought a 2017 Ferris 700z in February and its now June i have mowed a few times here i own 2 acres and it just zips!!!! anyway i seem to have misplaced my books i got with the mower and i cant for the life of me remember at what hours the fluid and filters need changed for the first time can anybody help? thanks in advance

I too have a new 700z with the Briggs Commercial engine. According to the book, change the oil and filter @ 100 hrs. No way am I going to wait that long on factory fill. I'm going to change it about 10 hrs. and use the Briggs 30 wgt oil. Later on I'll switch to synthetic.

greenguy

Threads
Initial change is not listed in the owners manual, called Briggs, they said 5 hrs.

Chugbug

Threads
Book says oil (I use Castrol 30) break in change at 10 hours....really easy to do and hydro (20/50) changed out at 100 hours. I'll end up changing oil at the beginning of each season