FR691V loses power after getting warmed up

OldFart

Forum Newbie
Threads
HOLD THE TRAIN !!! if fuel is coming out the exhaust. you have a problem, I would Not run it till fixed, i am guessing if you check the crank case oil it would be Over full, with Gas in crankcase, fuel in oil Will ruin engine

Silly me, i need More coffee, Old post, both mowers should have engine ruined by now if the gas in oill has not been fixed at this point, hope both of you fixed it out before that happined

Last edited:

Jhatfield

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having same issues anyone come up with a solution?? ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start by cleaning and rebuilding the carb, or have it done if not experienced with these carbs.

dennisahiggins

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rivits, having same issues as other posters. Rebuilt carb, no sucess, installed 2 different new carbs and same issue. Each time i have got gas in oil and gas leaking out bottom of muffler. Changed oil and filter each time. Today with the second carb install, i caught this happening as it shut down. The engine spewed a gas oil mix back to the carburator through the vent tube shown in attached picture. Trying to prepare myself for bad news...Screenshot_20200913-212915_Google.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is a blown head gasket over pressurizing the crankcase
Loosen the dip stick & it should not happen
Could also be a a blocked crank case vent valve

dennisahiggins

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is a blown head gasket over pressurizing the crankcase
Loosen the dip stick & it should not happen
Could also be a a blocked crank case vent valve
This is where the gas/oil mixture is feeding back to the carburator. What is the fix, should I take it to a professianal?FR691v Crankcase vent.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depends upon how deep your pockets are, how much free time you have & if you enjoy fixing things
I would start with a leak down test , see this thread to confirm a blown head gasket.
I would also dissassemble the breather valve and check it is working properly and not stuck
And i would also pull each plug, one at a time to see if there was a dead cylinder .
I like to diagnose before pulling engines apart.

I had a customes dead sure he had a blown gasket when all along he was overfilling the fuel tank and fuel was running back down the tank vent into the carb .

Badboymagnum

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having the EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS. Just started today. Mower has 9 hours on it. Would like to chat with you via email or phone to try and help each other.
Did you ever figure out the problem? I have the same problem