TORO Timecutter Z4220....HELP !!!...Not recharging battery and Blade stops.

hokietiger

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / TORO Timecutter Z4220....HELP !!!...Not recharging battery and Blade stops.
Hi gang,

I Own a TORO Timecutter Z4220 bought in 2008.

It has now stopped recharging the battery during operation and the blades will intermittently stop operating while cutting.
The belt is good and I also realize that the electrical connector to the CLUTCH needs to be cleaned on occassion and I recently cleaned the blade control switch on the console.

My guess is the electrical wiring somewhere is damaged (I realize it could be several different possibilities electrically and need to know where to look first).

However, I am looking for a permanent fix and need all help possible...The local dealer will have the mower in repairs for up to 3 weeks and I just cannot do without it for that long.

Suggestions??....Anyone know where I can download a SHOP MANUAL ??

Thanks for ALL HELP POSSIBLE !!!!

Mike

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / TORO Timecutter Z4220....HELP !!!...Not recharging battery and Blade stops.
I need two things from you before I can help. What is the serial number for you unit and model and serial numbers for the engine. Second, what is you electrical background? if you are a novice, what I may post could do more harm than good. Finally, please do not post the same thread in different locations, it is just confusing for everyone.