hustler bogging down

woody1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a fastrac 48 with the 22hp Kawasaki motor. Runs great for about 15 or 20 minutes but then it starts bogging down and start running bad. I put in new plugs and air filter didn't change anything. Any suggestions on what to check? Yhanks

bmuone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Woody..I may have the same fastrac you have. Mine is a 2012 model. I also have an older scotts mower that started having the same problems you are describing. I finally got it going by blowing air into the fuel line from the fuel filter back out the gas tank. It was getting small pieces of stuff sucked into the fuel line in the tank. My fastrac has two fuel tanks with the switch mounted behind the seat. You might try cleaning out the fuel line. That's where I would start. Good luck.

kraky

Threads
It certainly sounds like the typical fuel shortage situation.
Hoping that you've always been running ethanol-free gasoline in there because that eats the heck out of everything from fuel lines to rubber grommets to you name it. Any Trash floating around in the fuel system is going to give troubles. I think the first place I would start is the fuel filter and try to figure from there.

turboawd

Threads
next time it acts up, loosen the fuel cap to see if that solves the issue. vent could be plugged.
then check fuel filter.
last check pump.

woody1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Woody..I may have the same fastrac you have. Mine is a 2012 model. I also have an older scotts mower that started having the same problems you are describing. I finally got it going by blowing air into the fuel line from the fuel filter back out the gas tank. It was getting small pieces of stuff sucked into the fuel line in the tank. My fastrac has two fuel tanks with the switch mounted behind the seat. You might try cleaning out the fuel line. That's where I would start. Good luck.

I appreciate it will give it a shot thanks

woody1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hoping that you've always been running ethanol-free gasoline in there because that eats the heck out of everything from fuel lines to rubber grommets to you name it. Any Trash floating around in the fuel system is going to give troubles. I think the first place I would start is the fuel filter and try to figure from there.

Thanks

Datadave

Threads

So it runs good for 15 to 20 minutes before the bogging down thing -
Does it run good again after is sits for a little while?

It could be your fuel cap vent plugged or fuel filter full of trash.
Like Kraky says the Ethanol (ethyl alcohol) fuel can create a load of issues -
if you don't at least use Lucas Oil Fuel Stabilizer before you store your mower.
Old gasoline breaks down and leaves deposits and ethyl alcohol makes it even worse.

Cocoloco

Threads
I changed both my coils and spark plugs fixed the problem! Since I had the mower in bits thought I would change both. I also now use 87 oct gas.