Husqvarna trimmers (are they all made by Husqvarna)? And Poulan products.

primerbulb120

Threads
  • / Husqvarna trimmers (are they all made by Husqvarna)? And Poulan products.
I could never trim my yards with a shoulder strap attached. Too many tight places and odd angles for that to work. It might work for brushcutters or trimming a larger yard, but for me it's not an option.

turbofiat124

Threads
  • / Husqvarna trimmers (are they all made by Husqvarna)? And Poulan products.
I agree with you but guess what they are not including with trimmers anymore in the US with most all makes and models of trimmers. A shoulder strap. As for me at 6' 1" they are too small if included.

I was at Lowes and the do sell shoulder straps for weed whackers.

I decided to just go ahead and buy one of those SpeedLocks to replace the bump head instead of buying a new weed whacker. For whatever reason, the bolt on the bump head was getting wound too tight. If it tightened itself up too much, the shaft would spin while I tried to remove the bump head. I'd have to get a pair of pliers to grab hole of the shaft to keep it from turning just to remove the bump head every time I needed to reload the spool. That's the first time I've ever seen this on a weed whacker and I'm not sure why.

I don't know if this SpeedLock is worth a count or not. Whenever I trim, I usually start with a fully loaded spool then at some point have to reload the spool a second time. So it maybe a pain having to reload this thing as they wear down.

One thought was to try experiment using some 12 AWG solid strand wire and some 12 AWG twisted strand wire. To see which one works the best.

A few years ago I thought I'd be clever and try attaching a small chain to the bump head on an old weed whacker with a sheet metal screw. It somewhat worked but when I took my thumb off the throttle and as the engine winded down, the chain was always getting wrapped around the shaft so I gave up on that idea.

The instructions that came with the Speedlock were horrible and made no sense whatsoever but the YouTube video explained it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS4lH7hdY-c