BIG DOG MOWER PROBLEM

deltrav

Forum Newbie
Threads
PURCHASED A BIG DOG BLACKJACK MODEL FOR USE AT OUR CHURCH. HAVE HAD BELT PROBLEMS FROM DAY ONE. BELT HAS COME OFF 5-6 TIMES AND BROKEN ONCE. MACHINE HAS LESS THAN 20 HOURS USE. ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS MACHINE?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our mower and equipment operation section to see if we can find you some advice.

Scythe

Threads
I looked at the Flip-Up, same as your Blackjack, spoke to a couple of dealers.

They said that people wanted to park the mower with the deck up and that should not be done, one even said this was originally a selling point for the product.

I have added a video that I found helpful which also mentions the deck belt guide update that starts at 3:15. I would suggest you look for it on your mower and speak with your dealer.

infoonozcafecom

Forum Newbie
Threads
PURCHASED A BIG DOG BLACKJACK MODEL FOR USE AT OUR CHURCH. HAVE HAD BELT PROBLEMS FROM DAY ONE. BELT HAS COME OFF 5-6 TIMES AND BROKEN ONCE. MACHINE HAS LESS THAN 20 HOURS USE. ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS MACHINE?

I have the BigDog Alpha MP Series, 48" model. I have been plagued with belt breaks. I had my mower a little over a year and my drive belt has been replaced 3 times and the mower deck belt has been replaced 4 times. This seems like alot to me. The local place where I purchased this machine was charging over $90 for the mower belt and over $50 for the drive belt, and yes this was for the belt only. Of course all drive belt breaks are always at the furthest part of my property when they do break. Don't know what the problem is but this is getting tiresome.

mhavanti

Threads
deltrav,

Get under your mower, look at the right hand side steering rod that runs from the stick back to the hydro wheel motor. If your belt is rubbing that rod, take a heavy zip tie, pull the rod over to the outside of the mower about 3/4" and that should stop your belt throwing and breaking if it is breaking before it comes off.

Good luck,

Max

mhavanti

Threads
:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our mower and equipment operation section to see if we can find you some advice.

Catherine,

Why not add to the Hustler section a ( / ) and add Big Dog behind Hustler or the other way round? Considering they are the same company along with several of the models sharing the same part numbers.

Just a suggestion.

Max

snookerly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you share your experience later. How often do you use it and how are you coping?

mhavanti

Threads
infoonozcafecom,

That is a lot of belts for sure. Read my comments just below yours and see if that will help you diagnose your belt problems and perhaps give you a better chance for a prognosis and resolution.

Good luck,

Max

Ddbrill

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Alpha Big Dog has thrown the Drive belt 6 times. I have 57 hours. Its like new.....its AWFUL

Ddbrill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the BigDog Alpha MP Series, 48" model. I have been plagued with belt breaks. I had my mower a little over a year and my drive belt has been replaced 3 times and the mower deck belt has been replaced 4 times. This seems like alot to me. The local place where I purchased this machine was charging over $90 for the mower belt and over $50 for the drive belt, and yes this was for the belt only. Of course all drive belt breaks are always at the furthest part of my property when they do break. Don't know what the problem is but this is getting tiresome.
SAME HER 6 TIMES WITH ONLY 57 HOURS. ITS BEEN DOING IT SINCE LAST YEAR. 1ST TIME OUT THIS YEAR OFF AGAIN. SHOULDN'T THIS BE A LEMON LAW?