I'm lost....who's the Honda model # expert?

mudpie

Threads
I have a mower that's got some transmission issues, and I'm starting to look at parts prices online. I'm not getting very far though, since my model number isn't listed anywhere, even on the Honda website. The numbers are...

Model: HRX2172HXA
Serial No: MAGA-2011018

I can get close, but not exact with the model number, and even then my serial number throws it all off. My options on the Honda page that are close are....

HRX217 HXA MAGA-1000001-1299999
HRX217K1HXA MAGA-1400001-1499999

The other 16 options start to get farther away from the numbers I've got on my tag. Do I have some oddball mower that parts aren't available for any more?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
If no satisfaction with Marks offering ... you can PM a Member on this site ( Robert@Honda) He's EXTREMELY helpful & knowledgeable when it comes to the world of Honda !

mudpie

Threads
Whether satisfied or not, I suspect that's the only option I've got. I read a few threads here and other places on issues with this transmission, and at this point I'm pretty sure it's beyond the point of cable adjustment. I've also found nothing on repairs, just replacement. And on that, everything I've seen seems to have been supersceded by the same transmission number (20001-VE5-A01). So I suppose they're all bad, and they all get replaced with an updated version.

Still, for future reference, it would be nice to know how to order other parts for this mower, given the seemingly oddball numbers.

Thanks for the input.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a mower that's got some transmission issues, and I'm starting to look at parts prices online. I'm not getting very far though, since my model number isn't listed anywhere, even on the Honda website. The numbers are...

Model: HRX2172HXA
Serial No: MAGA-2011018

I can get close, but not exact with the model number, and even then my serial number throws it all off. My options on the Honda page that are close are....

HRX217 HXA MAGA-1000001-1299999
HRX217K1HXA MAGA-1400001-1499999

The other 16 options start to get farther away from the numbers I've got on my tag. Do I have some oddball mower that parts aren't available for any more?

Any thoughts appreciated.

You've a got a slightly older HRX mower with the hydrostatic transmission. While it does not have aany interal-services, a new on lists for $204.23, and is Honda Part Number 20001-VE5-A00. Google the part number to find a dealer selling it nline, our use the link to find your local dealer:

Find A Honda Dealer

That '7' in the listing is a version code that is not always included in ad materials, catalogs, etc. FOr example, your mower is a K2 version, so it's full model name is HRX217K2HXA, but that really doesn't matter much as most parts liook-up systems go by serial number [MAGA-2011018], not the model number.

Many Honda dealers have their own parts look-up pages, for example, boats.net and jack's small engine have nice online catalogs

Honda's official part page is down today (peparts.honda.com) sorry.

mudpie

Threads
Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.

I've seen that part number for the transmission (20001-VE5-A00) in several places, but one parts place online, which I think was a Honda dealer but don't recall, indicated that it had been superseded by the number 20001-VE5-A01. Regardless, this one has no other issues and is probably worth fixing given the cost of a new mower, so I'll likely go that route.

Thanks again for the help.