Dixon SPEEDZTR 42 Model #966611201 has no forward power

papalump44

Threads
  • / Dixon SPEEDZTR 42 Model #966611201 has no forward power
Hello all, I'm still very new to this forum stuff so I hope I'm in the right place asking my question. My Dixon SPEEDZTR 42 will not go very fast in forward. When I push the levers forward slowly, it starts to move, but if I push them farther to go faster, the machine makes a strange noise that is in my opinion is either hydraulic starvation or drive belt slipping. I dropped the rear end units, ie both pumps and transmissions, and checked the fluid. The fluid is about an inch below the hole as I was told it should be in both units. Could it be the belt is slipping under load or do you think my fluid has broken down and should be replaced or are the pumps shot?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Change the drive belt and the oil level should be 3/4 of an inch from the top.

papalump44

Threads
Change the drive belt and the oil level should be 3/4 of an inch from the top.

Thank you so much for your reply and advice. I just picked up new drive belt yesterday and hope to install today. Glad to hear your opinion that its just the belt as I hoped not to have to go through the hassle of draining and BLEEDING my system. I'm handy, but less hassle is better and that oil is expensive! Be safe my friend, its a crazy world out there.