What parts should I expect to replace to get mower running?

LarryJohnson

Threads
  • / What parts should I expect to replace to get mower running?
AHhhh yes ... smoke-wrench,= Torch ...?? ...also called flame wrench !

I have to be careful ... I don't want this thread to go off-track as like we got carried away in the
MTD Forum thread .... ( MTD YardMan Transaxle Rebuild ) THAT thread is on-going since LAST Oct. ....(our-Man-Cave ) ( LOL )

OK, I'll get us back on track. Are there any stores that typically stock replacement blades. I've checked the local big box stores and walmart, no luck. I hate ordering and waiting.

Untitled by Larry Johnson, on Flickr

primerbulb120

Threads
Might be easier to get the Oregon replacement blades. Part number 97-017. Or the Stens blades, # 335-050.

LarryJohnson

Threads
Might be easier to get the Oregon replacement blades. Part number 97-017. Or the Stens blades, # 335-050.

I broke down and ordered from Jack's Parts. They're just a state away.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My goal is to get the mower running and functioning, that's it. I don't plan on making this a "project"

I have dealt with Jacks ...good place ,fair prices ...but was slow for me ...it all depends if the Co. is using a drop-shipper or a distributor in your area I live in Central Fl. and deal with (SJMparts.com) which has a distributor in Jacksonville ( about 1 hr away ) so I get my parts next day .. they have distributors all over the country and are praised for QUICK delivery & flat-rate ( was $9.95 ) ship rate ... great for many parts ..sucks for low-cost or few items ...BUT !! Check with LOCAL mower shops & hardware stores ..some ACE & TRU-VALUE stores carry mower items ( Generic ) but right in town ..?? It's the B/S Ship n Hand. charges that kill ya !!

primerbulb120

Threads
Jack's doesn't use drop shippers (at least they never have with me) but they sometimes have to wait for parts to be shipped into their warehouse before they can ship them out to the customer. Common parts ship faster because Jack's has them in stock. Uncommon parts have to be backordered. If you call before you order, they can tell you which parts they have and which ones they would need to order.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Parts places I deal with and have good results ..

1. (jackssmallengineparts.com)
2. (equipatron.com)
3. ( sjmparts.com) ........ My FAV.
4. (ereplacementparts.com)
5. (partstree.com)

I have dealt with a few others with which I was less than happy ...but I will not bad-mouth a business in case they were having an "off-day" !! I just don't deal with them anymore !

primerbulb120

Threads
Boo, you need to consider adding two others to your list:

Mowers4u.com

GreenDadeOutdoor.com

LarryJohnson

Threads
My goal is to get the mower running and functioning, that's it. I don't plan on making this a "project"

I have dealt with Jacks ...good place ,fair prices ...but was slow for me ...it all depends if the Co. is using a drop-shipper or a distributor in your area I live in Central Fl. and deal with (SJMparts.com) which has a distributor in Jacksonville ( about 1 hr away ) so I get my parts next day .. they have distributors all over the country and are praised for QUICK delivery & flat-rate ( was $9.95 ) ship rate ... great for many parts ..sucks for low-cost or few items ...BUT !! Check with LOCAL mower shops & hardware stores ..some ACE & TRU-VALUE stores carry mower items ( Generic ) but right in town ..?? It's the B/S Ship n Hand. charges that kill ya !!

What's the purpose of quoting me above. What point are you trying to make.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
What's the purpose of quoting me above. What point are you trying to make.

Well Larry SOMETIMES on this forum you get bombarded with suggestions (blades, oil).. for instance ... I thought
by posting that statement it would notify other members you just want to get the machine running as fast & cheap as possible .. at least that was my take in one of YOUR earlier postings ...Boobala ..:cool: