Fence Post Digger

BlueGrass

Threads
I know they make machines to dig out fence post holes. Where can I go to rent one? We are getting ready to put in a new privacy fence so I think it would make the job easier on our backs if we could rent one. Does anyone know if Home Depot rents them out?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
your local tool rental should have several types of post hole diggers for rent... some are more easier to operate than others, just depends on how many holes you need to dig

AND how much clearance you have around your most inaccessible hole... KennyV

Mickie2

Threads
You can get them at the tractor supply company. I prefer them to home depot. You can buy them there. The price isn't too bad. I've never rented one there, so I don't know if they rent them out.

Zeroturn

Threads
I've only used the old fashion ones that require nothing but arm power. I think I've seen them at Central Tractor or Tractor supply. Call them and see if they rent them out.

Bessy

Threads
I have seen them use gas powered ones on the DIY channel. Every time we have done fences we used an old huge metal pole my grandmother used to use back in the day.

BlueGrass

Threads
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We have lots of holes to dig so I think getting a gas powered one would be better than using are arms. I'll check into the tool rental shop down the street.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said earlier... there are several types of gas powered augers... some are a LOT easier to operate than others. Most rentals have a few types to choose from... Happy digging. :smile: KennyV

173abn

Threads
the home depot in topeka rents them,not sure about the price.lot of rental places in T.town rents them also. russ