X310 PTO problem[again]

jimdril

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was having a problem with the PTO not engaging, or dis-engaging after running awhile. It got so that it would not engage at all, so I bought a replacement switch. The switch, as someone on here said, is very difficult to remove, as you have to depress 4 tabs at the same time to get it out. An understatement if there ever was one. I tried numerous times and had no luck at all removing it. I even made a sleeve out of aluminum the exact size of the switch to depress the the 4 tabs....worked great on the new switch out of the machine...didn't work on getting the old one out. The grass kept growing so I unplugged the switch and plugged in the new one, letting it just hang out the side, worked OK, but cumbersome. I tried removal several more times, to no avail. When the grass needed it again, just out of curiosity, I engaged the old switch still in the machine, the blades fired right up, and I mowed for an hour with no problems. My question is; what the hell happened? The thing had been acting up, not engaging for some time.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
2 potential problems that I can think of.
1. Airgap on PTO needs to be adjusted.
2. One of your safety switches is acting up.