Deck deflector installation

496Bowtie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchased a new deflector for my LX176 with 38" mower deck. I cannot figure out how to install it so it has tension. Feeling pretty stupid...now my buddy is too. I know I had it off once before and figured it out using the internet, but cant find anything this time around. I have an excellent memory but its short. Can anyone help me out?:confused2:

mjb8fj

Threads
Purchased a new deflector for my LX176 with 38" mower deck. I cannot figure out how to install it so it has tension. Feeling pretty stupid...now my buddy is too. I know I had it off once before and figured it out using the internet, but cant find anything this time around. I have an excellent memory but its short. Can anyone help me out?:confused2:

Not sure if yours has the spring pin, or just the little snap retainer- either way, that is pulled, or removed. Slide the long king pin about half way/ or 3/4 of the length out, then your going to have to rotate that spring (there is a lock on one end, and the finger groove on the other, the finger groove side is the one you have to rotate to create the tension). When you have it rotated, sometimes you have to use pliers to help twist or to hold it, push/ pound the king pin back in then install your retainer.
Its not to hard, I guess its more complicated to describe it. After you have it in, youll hopefully agree it wasnt that bad at all.