Husqvarna YTH22V46

mike carroll

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hit a tree root with my mower and the mower shut down. I moved it off the root and looked underneath. The blades don't appear bent, the belts appear tight. I put some starter fluid in, and the engine ran for a few seconds, and then died. I'm planning on draining the gas to replace it with premium, along with a new fuel filter. Any other suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the blower housing off the the fan & flywheel bolt.
Usually when you hit something hard enough to stop the mower dead in it's tracks the in the flywheel shears in 1/2 so the engine will now be out of time.

mike carroll

Forum Newbie
Threads
Pull the blower housing off the the fan & flywheel bolt.
Usually when you hit something hard enough to stop the mower dead in it's tracks the in the flywheel shears in 1/2 so the engine will now be out of time.

Thanks for the info. how difficult is it to replace the flywheel?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the info. how difficult is it to replace the flywheel?

The keys are around $ 2.00 down here so probably 50 c in the USA.
Remove he blower housing, 4 bolts
Remove the fuel pump ( mark the lines if you need to ) 2 bots 3 clips
Remove the debris screen on the top of the flywheel 3 or 4 screws
remove the flywheel bolt / nut then replace with a space of 3 or 4 threads between it and the flywheel.
Put a prybar under the flywheel and lever it up as hard as you can then give the nut/bolt a nice hard smack with the biggest hammer you can find.
Sometimes it needs a 2nd smack.
The flywheel is on a self locking taper so once it pops off it will pull right off real easy.
Do not put the pry bar under the external magnet for the magneto.
If you have a helper, a second pry bar on the opposite side makes things a lot easier.