Bolens Trimer Wont Start

RedHat101

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a Bolens Trimer BL250. I replaced all fuel lines, Filter. Fresh fuel with correct fuel/oil mixture and Carburator but the only way I get it to start is to put a few drops of gas in the combustion chamber then put the spark plug back in and it fires right up. Once the engine is hot I can start it up with no problem and it runs non stop but once the engine cools it wont start unless I do the same procedure. What Maintance steps am I missing or need to do.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do not know if the will help but I put my fuel lines on backward the other day with the same problem till I switched them.

RedHat101

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do not know if the will help but I put my fuel lines on backward the other day with the same problem till I switched them.

I believe the fuel lines are correct because when you press the priming bulb you can see the fuel from the filter going to carburetor back to the priming bulb and going back to the tank. Plus once i add a drop of fuel to the combustion chamber and it starts it will stay on which means it is getting fuel or else it would turn off. I had it running for about 5 minutes without it turning off but once the engine cools again i run into the problem of not starting until i do that procedure.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said I had the same problem and I have hooked them up backwards. It is an easy check. Open fuel tank and look inside while priming. If bubbles come out the fuel filter it is backwards.

RedHat101

Forum Newbie
Threads
Like I said I had the same problem and I have hooked them up backwards. It is an easy check. Open fuel tank and look inside while priming. If bubbles come out the fuel filter it is backwards.

I will give it a check but I just had it run for 20 Minutes with no hesitation or nothing so it is getting fuel but once the engine gets cold I have a hard time getting it started.