Blades Husqvarna Z246 belt keeps coming off

mrtony28

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a Husqvarna Z246 from a private seller. The mower cranks and runs fine. When i engage the blades, I hear a loud noise and vibration coming from the lower deck . Then, the belt comes off. Does anyone know what could be causing this. Maybe a link to a video if possible would help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
get under and have a look at the blades.
Check for free rotation of the blades.
Check all of them.
The blades should rotate freely and not move up/down nor rock like a see saw.

mrtony28

Forum Newbie
Threads
get under and have a look at the blades.
Check for free rotation of the blades.
Check all of them.
The blades should rotate freely and not move up/down nor rock like a see saw.

Thanks. I will take your advice and check my blades.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On decks which won't keep a belt on I check for 4 things. Worn or wrong size belt. Bad or misaligned pulleys, bad tensioner pulleys are a common cause. Worn blades or spindles. Decks not mounted properly. Mounting hardware missing, worn type, or improperly installed.

mrtony28

Forum Newbie
Threads
On decks which won't keep a belt on I check for 4 things. Worn or wrong size belt. Bad or misaligned pulleys, bad tensioner pulleys are a common cause. Worn blades or spindles. Decks not mounted properly. Mounting hardware missing, worn type, or improperly installed.

Hello. I appreciate your help. I inspected my belt an there was a worn spot. I replaced the belt and now the mower is fine. So Far so good. Thanks to everyone on this thread for your help.