Engine Swap / New Kawasaki FS481V on old Exmark mower. Will it work?

justinbucherj

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Engine Swap / New Kawasaki FS481V on old Exmark mower. Will it work?
I have an old Exmark Metro 36" mower. I don't know how old it is but I have had it for a really really long time. Well the motor is having some issues and probably is in need of a rebuild because it has a ton of hours on it. I have been looking at the new Kawasaki FS481V V-Twin Engines that they are putting on the new Exmark's and now I want one. Now I'm thinking that instead of rebuilding the old engine I could buy one of the brand new FS481V V-Twin Engines on my old mower.... But will it fit? I mean will everything line up and work right? I'm hoping some of the fine people on this forum can tell me. Thanks!

Here is a picture of my old beat up mower....
Mower.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Engine Swap / New Kawasaki FS481V on old Exmark mower. Will it work?
I have an old Exmark Metro 36" mower. I don't know how old it is but I have had it for a really really long time. Well the motor is having some issues and probably is in need of a rebuild because it has a ton of hours on it. I have been looking at the new Kawasaki FS481V V-Twin Engines that they are putting on the new Exmark's and now I want one. Now I'm thinking that instead of rebuilding the old engine I could buy one of the brand new FS481V V-Twin Engines on my old mower.... But will it fit? I mean will everything line up and work right? I'm hoping some of the fine people on this forum can tell me. Thanks!

Here is a picture of my old beat up mower....
View attachment 32380

Bolt holes are easy , you just drill new ones.
Output shaft diameter & length are a touch more important.
None of the engine controls will fit so you might end up needing to get long cables and a Z bender and make up new ones