B&S Commercial series Vertical twin. Need torque values for crank and engine mounts

rossnruthie

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / B&S Commercial series Vertical twin. Need torque values for crank and engine mounts
B&S Commercial series Vertical twin. Need torque values for crank and engine mounts

Hey guys, I just got a new Briggs commercial series 27HP engine for my zero turn and I'm ready to install it. However, I cannot for the life of me find any torque values for the 4 self threading screws that mount the engine to the chassis or the single crank bolt that holds the clutch on. Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / B&S Commercial series Vertical twin. Need torque values for crank and engine mounts
Re: B&S Commercial series Vertical twin. Need torque values for crank and engine mou

There isnt one.
Going into alloy you are looking at no more than 30 ft lbs however it is a self tapping bolt so you will have to do it up first to cut the thread then undo it to tension it.
Generally done up with an impact wrench on low setting till they bottom out.
Check for tightness after the first mow, two grunts with a 10" wrench is usually fine.

rossnruthie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: B&S Commercial series Vertical twin. Need torque values for crank and engine mou

Sounds good thanks!