Cub Cadet 1517 won't start

MattJ812

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hate to double post but I think I am doing this all wrong.

I did trace a path of resistance from the positive battery terminal to the solenoid using the wiring diagram; but, I can't get a voltage or current reading if the solenoid does not close the circuit though right?

Also, can you buy the connectors for the switches? One of the red wires has broken off. I can't find the connector blocks for sale.

Thanks again

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The solenoid is just a switch,
It connects the two heavy wires together
The one or two small wires at the bottom work the switch .
On a 4 pole solenoid it does not matter which way round they go
O a 3 wire solenoid the single wire must get 12V when the ignition switch is in the start position and the ground comes from the bolts holding it down so they must be clean.
To save wire the power for everything else is taken off the solenoid terminal that is connected to the battery.
This is the thin red wire connected to the same big terminal that the battery is connected to.
If you have accidentially put that red wire on the starter side nothing will happen.
If you want to start fresh, please go back to your original post and put a message on it that you have started a new post with a link to this one on it as it gets very confusing.

MattJ812

Forum Newbie
Threads
The new solenoid was bad. I probably killed it by jumping across the terminals too much. Turns out that the old solenoid works fine; I don't know why it wouldn't start before, either the ignition or the PTO switch. I didn't change anything else.