10323 Speed

22R

Threads
I aquired a Lawnboy 10323 from the 2016 flood in Louisiana. It was locked up but I got it loose and it runs great but is there anyway to increase the travel or ground speed on these models ? Thanks for any advice,

lewb

Threads
If you have a 3 speed, obviously 3rd will be the fastest option. Looks like you have a 2 speed. Probably 2 things to check, belt not getting tight, you can adjust the nut on left side to put more tension on belt, The other is transmission is slipping which would mean a replacement, from what I have researched that transmission is pretty durable. I guess it could be that you are not turning 3000 Rs, idle is 2400 or so.

jp1961

Threads
Hello.

The only way to increase ground speed is to increase the RPM of the engine via the plastic knob on the air vane. Try holding the air vane with one finger and rotate the knob clockwise one or two clicks. Another item to check is if the mower was used for mulching (it will have the green plastic mulch plate installed ), remove the black plastic V belt cover, it will be absolutely packed with grass.

Regards

Jeff