New member looking to buy new and first zero turn

EarlJay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. As you can see, I'm in the market for a new zero turn. Have always used 50 hp tractor and 6 foot finish mower but a lot has changed and looking to go with a zero turn. Looking at two and maybe a third.

Have a Kubota dealership two miles away and looked at the new 421 with 60" and 24 hp kaw.

Also looked at the Ferris IS700Z with 61" and 27 hp b&s. This can also be had with the 24 hp kaw.

Basically the Briggs Ferris is $500 cheaper than the Kubota, while the Kaw Ferris $200 is more than the Kubota.

Anybody experienced with these models or have any other suggestions or pointers? There is some roll to my ground but I wouldn't say it is hilly by any means.

(to add. Got a quote for a Husqvarna mzt61 with 24 hp kaw that is about $1500 cheaper than the cheapest of the three above, IIRC but have not personally looked at it. Dealer 30 miles away)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would say the best bang for you buck is the Kubota, but I'm a bit biased as I sell and work on them. Bottom line is to test drive each one and then go with your gut. Another option would be the new Toro MY RIDE Z's, which have also been a hot mower this spring. Priced around $5800 for 60" deck.

EarlJay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually did get a price on those too. Can't even remember what ruled it out at this point. Sure nice to sit on though.