FOR SALE - BOLENS QT-16

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
We would like to sell a Model 1666-01 BOLENS QT-16, we believe it is a 1972 or 1973. It is in very good condition considering it is around 45 years old. it was always stored inside and only used sparingly on a vacation property.

It has an Onan twin cylinder BF-MS/2425A engine which does run.

It comes with a flexible cab, tire chains, tire weights, Bolens snow blower and a Bolens three-blade mower deck.

We are currently trying to establish a value for this tractor, but will entertain offers. Additional pictures will be sent via email to interested parties.

Roger B

Attachments

• DSCN1780_757.jpg
    DSCN1780_757.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN1779_756.jpg
    DSCN1779_756.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 15

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Gees Rodger, you just can't get away from impossible to get into confined spaces can you ?
I have one of these on my run & have to remove the cab to get in and service it.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gees Rodger, you just can't get away from impossible to get into confined spaces can you ?
I have one of these on my run & have to remove the cab to get in and service it.

Bert-Man!!

Glad to hear from you.. I took those pictures last year when we first got the Bolens. I too had to remove the cab first thing as the engine wouldn't start. Once I replaced the plugs and reset the points (and I know YOU know where the point box is!!) that took care of the starting problem. it runs rough, but I suspect that is my usual nemesis, carburetor problems...

What do you suppose shipping would cost from Maine, USA to the Great Land Down Under?? Your present customer wouldn't happen to be a determined collector of vintage Bolens, would he? (Or 'she', I don't want to seem a sexist..)

We would really like to pass the machine and accessories along to someone who would like to restore it to it's original glory.. As you know they are very sturdily built machines.

Roger - Note: No "D"

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Actually it is a She.
As you already know He's have a problem getting on board .
Down here they were more expensive than a large 4 cylinder car and not much less than a 40 Hp Deere so not all that many.
Nice piece of kit though but a double hernia job to get the deck off & on.
Deck is too wide for my trailer so it was a fun job, but a good learning experience.
Daddy ( 96 year old ) ended up making a custom idler pulley on the PTO as the original double belt pulley is NLA.

NorthBama

Threads
Good morning Roger. Nice machine you have there. Maybe you should sell the famous Yardman and keep the Bolens HaHa

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good morning Roger. Nice machine you have there. Maybe you should sell the famous Yardman and keep the Bolens HaHa

NOBAMA,

Thanks for the advice.. LOL Probably if I was smart I'd sell both of them!! I am currently in the works of picking up a John Deere GS-25, and not one, but TWO rear-tine tillers... That mess of machinery ought to keep me busy!

Somewhere there is a special blog for Bolens, I saw something about it on the RFD channel, I'm going to have to chase it down. maybe someone there would be interested in the QT-16.. Like Bert-man says, They are a "nice piece of kit"...

Rog

NorthBama

Threads
Good morning Roger
looks like you truly will be busy. Why are you being punished with all that machinery LOL On another note her is a link to a bunch guys that love old GTs.
http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good morning Roger
looks like you truly will be busy. Why are you being punished with all that machinery LOL On another note her is a link to a bunch guys that love old GTs.
http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/

NOBAMA,

Hey! Thanks for the tip buddy! I joined up and posted a Bolens request on that site. Hopefully someone will respond with a rough value, or even better, an interest in the tractor itself!!

It's really a great machine! Built like a tank! I'd love to see it go to someone who collects them...

Rog

NorthBama

Threads
Your Welcome
Those guys love the old Bolens work machines

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your Welcome
Those guys love the old Bolens work machines

NoBaMa,

I just went and checked, they still haven't posted my first post.. How long does that take? (I know they review your first posting before it shows up, but geez, it's been 24 hours..)

Rog