Lazer Z CT Rectifier Question

Threads
Solder one ends of the cap to the pos battery terminal and the other end to the negative. Strip the outer insulation and clamp from the end of your negative cable and solder this to your clamp on your positive cable. Make sure to electrical tape any exposed wire. Connect the merged cable right up to the NEGATIVE battery terminal. Acts as a battery within a battery. The inexpensive cap will basically save your battery from ever needing charge and will allow the battery to deliver a smoother output of current.

To BigKingCllipper... you mentioned something about the use of a 480uf cap across the battery terminals? I've read your post a dozen times and I can't quite understand it. I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment and clarify how it's connected again, and what exactly you think it's doing...

Thanks

Threads
On second thought, DON'T DO THIS! It seemed to be a good idea until I tried it and then MY BATTERY BLEW UP! Caused a little damage to the seat. I duct taped it though and threw a new battery in. Runs like a champ!! Kgro is the best.

To BigKingCllipper... you mentioned something about the use of a 480uf cap across the battery terminals? I've read your post a dozen times and I can't quite understand it. I'd appreciate it if you'd take a moment and clarify how it's connected again, and what exactly you think it's doing...

Thanks

cruzenmike

Threads
On second thought, DON'T DO THIS! It seemed to be a good idea until I tried it and then MY BATTERY BLEW UP! Caused a little damage to the seat. I duct taped it though and threw a new battery in. Runs like a champ!! Kgro is the best.

Sorry to hear about your luck. In theory, a capacitor should not explode if hooked up properly. Guys and gals with high wattage car stereos use them all the time to help with heavy loads on the electrical system in their cars. Maybe there is more to this than I think? Either way, issues like mine can and should be fixed through proper diagnosis and repair using oem parts.

Mike