HRX217HXA Throttle Cable Adjustment

dg_diyer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does someone have diagrams for this?

I read on another post that this mower may have auto choke but Honda used an old manual choke lever control. I have noticed that as you push the lever to choke it opens the choke. This wouldn't make sense except for the use of the old style manual choke lever. So I assume this choke control on the lever is bogus. Is that correct?

Other Questions: 1) The control choke arm is stiff. Should it snap down to a closed position on its own when the mower is cold and the throttle is set to Stop? It does not do that. 2) When the 1mm tolerance between the control choke arm and the control lever is set then is it correct that the throttle is then at Fast and the control choke arm is at the bottom of its range?

Background: I got this mower from someone else. Its carburetor had been replaced. I found that the metal shield was put in backwards and rotated 180 degrees forcing the throttle to be wide open. I fixed that but there might be other problems based on this experience. Any diagrams that show how the rods and springs should be attached with regard to the throttle and carburetor would be very helpful.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
There were a few slightly different versions of the HRX217HXA, so let's start with the serial number and see what I can find:

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

dg_diyer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for replying. The serial number is MAGA 1214827.