10323 tips

jp1961

Threads
Hi All,

Here is a couple tips for Duraforce engined L.B.'s. A Tecumseh primer bulb will fit the Duraforce shroud. The rubber used on the Tecumseh primer bulb is just better than the plastic one. Sorry don't have a part number, but it's the bulb used on small single stage snowblowers. All my silver series L.B's had the stock bolt securing the deck plate rusted solid, which I had to cut off to remove. A 5/16" carriage bolt (stainless is best) 1/2" to 3/4" long with a nylon wing nuts solves the problem nicely. I started using plastic "thread protector vinyl caps" to protect the zerk fittings on the rear axle (just saves time wiping off the fitting before re-greasing). Another item I've just recently discovered is the handle on early 10323's is shorter than the later 10323's, not sure when the change was made, something you may want to consider if you're tall or shorter.

Regards

Jeff

Attachments

• DSC00100 (18).jpg
    DSC00100 (18).jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00103.jpg
    DSC00103.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00099 (10).jpg
    DSC00099 (10).jpg
    113 KB · Views: 21

steve c

Threads
Jeff,
How often do you re-grease the rear wheel zeks? I have a 10552 that I bought used and it doesn't want to back up. I did grease the zerks last year. Do they need more grease, or is there another cause for this?

lewb

Threads
Jeff,
How often do you re-grease the rear wheel zeks? I have a 10552 that I bought used and it doesn't want to back up. I did grease the zerks last year. Do they need more grease, or is there another cause for this?

The springs that disengage the sprockets may be caked up with grease not letting it back up. Not too hard of a job, if you cannot remember there are schematics on parts tree .com. There are a lot of washers and C-clips,

jp1961

Threads
Hi Steve,

Just once a year in the spring. Not sure on the 10552 model being hard to backup, I have a 8481AE thats also hard to backup.

Another trick I forgot to mention was repainting the lettering on a L.B. gas cap. I use a wooden disk about the same diameter as the lettering on the gas cap, I apply paint to the disk and blot it on the letters. The factory used a blue paint on the letters, but I find white stands out a bit more.

Regards

Jeff

Attachments

• DSC00098 (15).jpg
    DSC00098 (15).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 33

steve c

Threads
Hi Steve,

Just once a year in the spring. Not sure on the 10552 model being hard to backup, I have a 8481AE thats also hard to backup.

Another trick I forgot to mention was repainting the lettering on a L.B. gas cap. I use a wooden disk about the same diameter as the lettering on the gas cap, I apply paint to the disk and blot it on the letters. The factory used a blue paint on the letters, but I find white stands out a bit more.

Regards

Jeff
Awesome paint trick, Jeff. Where do you find the disks?

jp1961

Threads
Those disks were from a home made R/C airplane project, cut with a hole saw.

Regards

Jeff