Kohler Courage 149cc mower is winning. Need Advice

jberzer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman Push Mower, with Kohler 149cc engine, it sat for two years and wouldnt start. I changed the oil, cleaned the carburetor, put new fuel in, and it ran fine. A week later, i went to start it, and it will not start at all. I pulled the carburetor again, cleaned it multiple times. I also changed the spark plug, changed the fuel again, and it still will not start.
I changed the spark plug because when i pulled it the first time, it was wet.
I am at a loss at what to attempt next. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for me? It sounds like it wants to start, but just will not.

Thanks!

MonkeyCam

Threads
Sounds similar to what recently happened to me (see "Engine Won't Start After Compression Test" thread I started on this forum). If you don't want to read the whole thing, then just read my 1st post & then skip to the last page. Long story short, my ignition coil suddenly--& I do mean suddenly--went bad. What made it so hard to diagnose is that it didn't die completely; I still had a spark, but I figured out through a maddening process of eliminating everything else that it was an *insufficient* spark, enough to see it, but not enough to make the engine run.