Seat for a kid on the foot rest floor board

Mattj2235

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2 1/2 year old and he loves mowing with me (mainly riding). Has anyone built a custom seat for a hustler that'll fit and/or strap to the floor board? I've got a good idea on what I want to to do. The bare floor with a cushion or in my lap is too hard on the both of us.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 2 1/2 year old and he loves mowing with me (mainly riding). Has anyone built a custom seat for a hustler that'll fit and/or strap to the floor board? I've got a good idea on what I want to to do. The bare floor with a cushion or in my lap is too hard on the both of us.

A 2-1/2 year old child around a live RUNNING lawnmower ...!! YOU Sir ... have SCHITT for brains !!

bmuone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, a young kid likes to ride anything you put him/her on. It's up to you to think of their safety first. A ztr is not a toy or kid friendly riding platform.
Any mower has too much potential for extreme injury. And it will not happen in slow motion and you can not prevent an accident if you temp it. Please
find another way to have fun with the kids.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And I will come in as number 3 suggesting that kids should not be on working mowers and in particular ZTR's.
A sudden unexpected stop & he will be over the front head first into the ground
Children's ears are very easy damaged , adults ears are not.
Adults are required to wear hearing protection when using ride ons so what damage are you doing to your child's ears ?
80 years of ringing in his head driving him mad will not make dad No 1 in the kids eyes.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Add me to the list of, what are you thinking? Have you read your owners manual? I doubt you will find one gnome who will think this would be a good idea.

Mattj2235

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I can tell who voted for Hillary, except for the Ausie! Of course my child's safety is first! Ear muffs, goggles, seat belt, etc. I can't be the only person to think of a seat for his kid on a riding lawn mower! Come on people!! When your child screams at the door for 2 hours wanting to mow with you, you gotta think of something. Safe, of course!

Last edited:

kraky

Threads
The idea that there is a 100% safe way to have a 2.5 yr old anywhere near a powerful mower just isn't thinking right.....people get hurt all the time by "foolproof" ideas.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, I can tell who voted for Hillary, except for the Ausie! Of course my child's safety is first! Ear muffs, goggles, seat belt, etc. I can't be the only person to think of a seat for his kid on a riding lawn mower! Come on people!! When your child screams at the door for 2 hours wanting to mow with you, you gotta think of something. Safe, of course!

The members of this site refrain from engaging in political differences , we share a common interest in the sharing of information and
ideas toward the notion that we can extend a helping hand to those seeking it . We are well aware of the fact that although we may not agree on political issues... we do agree to leave it out of the site, we enjoy the friendship ,humor and comments displayed here... Your Hilary statement only reinforces my opinion of your stupidity.. that statement leads to divisiveness ...and remember this ...IGNORANCE can be fixed ! ...STUPID is FOREVER !!!
Viet-Nam VETERAN ... BENGHAZI ... OK, Figure it out!

2 hours of your kids screams ..??? REALLY ?? how about regretting for the rest of your life a stupid action on YOUR part !!
go get the kid a fuzzy-wuzzy n a coloring-book , put him in his safe spot ...and sing him lullabys , he'll be fine ...

Mattj2235

Forum Newbie
Threads
Geez, I've meant no political backlash. All I'm saying is, I can not be the only person to ever thing of the idea of adding a seat for their child on a mower. I will post my badassery at a later date. Thank you all for your concern. My kid will be your kids boss one day. Assuming he survives...:confused2:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
My grandson rode with me about 6 hours a week with me on my zero turn from age 1 to 6. I wish I could have built a seat for him. We never ever had a single problem. I never ran the mower as hard with him on it either. When I was growing up I was driving a tractor at age 4 bailing hay. This world has gone soft. So much so I worry for it. Not for me just all the softies. Like I tell my wife if the world ever has a problem and we as a whole loose power she would be one of the first to die. Mostly of starvation. We need to toughen up our population not wimp them out.