Repairs Gravely 2042 - Wire Harness Parts Question

wizzzerski

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Gravely 2042 ZT - Model No. 915134, That has a serial number is the first set of numbers when looking up parts.

The problem I have is the Clutch Stop Broke, which allowed the Clutch/PTO to spin more than it should have and broke some wires in the harness going to the PTO. I replaced the Clutch Stop, and with some crimp style connectors I was able to fix the wiring. However, after cutting a few times, my sub-par repair of the wire harness has now failed, and I need to replace the harness.

The issue I have, is the harness on this mower, is all one unit, and to fix this problem, I have to replace all wiring on the mower. Seems like a lot of work, and expense due to one connector going bad.

When I look on Gravely's part site, the harness I need is Part #02974500 and Diode (#09293500) which is included with the Harness.

My question for all of you: Is anyone aware of somewhere I can buy the end of this harness, and not have to buy the full harness. Maybe a used part off a mower that is being parted out?

I assume that I need the last 9" - 12" of the harness, and I'd be able to splice the two harnesses together.

Any ideas you have is appreciated.

Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a Gravely 2042 ZT - Model No. 915134, That has a serial number is the first set of numbers when looking up parts.

The problem I have is the Clutch Stop Broke, which allowed the Clutch/PTO to spin more than it should have and broke some wires in the harness going to the PTO. I replaced the Clutch Stop, and with some crimp style connectors I was able to fix the wiring. However, after cutting a few times, my sub-par repair of the wire harness has now failed, and I need to replace the harness.

The issue I have, is the harness on this mower, is all one unit, and to fix this problem, I have to replace all wiring on the mower. Seems like a lot of work, and expense due to one connector going bad.

When I look on Gravely's part site, the harness I need is Part #02974500 and Diode (#09293500) which is included with the Harness.

My question for all of you: Is anyone aware of somewhere I can buy the end of this harness, and not have to buy the full harness. Maybe a used part off a mower that is being parted out?

I assume that I need the last 9" - 12" of the harness, and I'd be able to splice the two harnesses together.

Any ideas you have is appreciated.

Thanks

No the wiring is not a complete unit.
There is either a plug on the clutch itself or one somewhere between the clutch & the main loom.
If you can not find it then just cut the wires and fit a T shaped plug so you don't mix up the + & - wires which oon some clutches makes no difference while others will burn out in 10 seconds flat when wired backwards.

wizzzerski

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have now replaced the Diode and my local Gravely dealer had a used connector that I used to clean up the wiring and make a better connection.

The problem now is that when I turn on the mower the PTO/clutch engages for about 10 seconds and then kicks out. I don't see any bad wire connections. Any ideas what to look into next?