Weed Eater on Wheels

RockHound

Threads
Does anyone have any recommendations for one of those weed eaters that are sort of look like a push mower? I have had problems with my back for some time and I really need something that is a little easier than my big honkin' weed eater that weighs a ton. Anyone?

173abn

Threads
I've seen em in magazines,thats proably what I should've bought instead of my sthil.I hate the heck outta weed wacking. If you get one let us know what you think of it. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
problems with my back for some time and I really need something

from what I've seen those will greatly enhance the pain in your back... My neighbor bought one a few years ago... it was used once, and no one wants anything to do with it since...

I think they are one of those things that look good while 'seen on TV'..:biggrin::biggrin: KennyV

Natureboy

Threads
I also thought they looked like a good idea-so I bought one.:mad: Used it once-took it back the next day. The nice thick line it uses doesnt hold up on even cheap chain link fencing, any type of stone or concrete, or metal T Posts. Save your $!!!!!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've seen em in magazines,thats proably what I should've bought instead of my sthil.I hate the heck outta weed wacking. If you get one let us know what you think of it. russ

Hey russ ... I bet I could arrange a swap if you wanted to trade your sthil for my neighbors DR trimmer mower... but I think you would be the only one regretting the 'deal' :wink:KennyV

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
What would you think about clamping a gate wheel on the shaft (as long as you don't get it too tight) ????? :eek:

Usedtorent

Threads
I've never seen anything like this. I can't imagine it would be good on your back though. You would have to push it still. I would go with hiring someone to weed whack for you! :biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
can't imagine it would be good on your back though. You would have to push it still.

Thats one of the main problems... and at any angle or change in grade it is MISERABLE to operate. :frown:

173abn

Threads
well I'm glad I read these posts.guess I'll keep my sthil and have that love hate relationship with it. russ

RockHound

Threads
I'm glad I asked before I laid out that much money on the thing. I guess I'm just going to have to pay one of the neighbors kids to do my weed eating. It really puts a strain on my back. I don't know what it is about it but I think it may be the posture you have to use to extend the thing. Thanks though for the review.