Hydro problem????

Chugbug

Threads
I have a 3200 with the 32hp Vanguard big block and the 5400 hydro. Today I when I was checking everything before mowing I saw the hydro tanks looked empty. I checked them both and both tanks were way below the cold mark but they still had some fluid in the bottom. Last time I used it the fluid in both tanks were at cold level. My first thought was a leak but since they are independant units they both wouldn't be low (at the same low level). The unit has 29 hours on it and it's still under warranty and I'm assuming this is not normal or is it, do the hydro units use this much oil????

Chugbug

Threads
Spoke with dealer today, they were not to concerned. Added 20/50 synthetic as per the dealers sugestion.

glg

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 3200 with a Kaw that is a 2015. I've had one hydraulic pump replaced under warranty and it is in the shop now with 80 +/- hours on it with a hydraulic leak.

Chugbug

Threads
Sorry to hear about your problems but thst 4 year warranty sure is nice......I did not have a leak anywhere, called the dealer and he said sometimes even new, they said not enough fluid may not be added. I went a head and got the 29/50 Castrol synthetic and hasn't lost any since then. May have not be bled right or air in the lines.

glg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got off the phone with dealer. Got another new pump coming! Yes, that warranty is very comforting! He has always used synthetic in my machine as well. He said there was a apparently a bad run of pumps. I always have the best timing on things like this.

Chugbug

Threads
Got to live that 4 year warranty! My earlier post I meant to say 20/50 synthetic.

Chugbug

Threads
Beginning to hate spell check... got to love that 4 year warranty. Geez