Raptor SD 48. Steering Arm Issue

ab38off

Forum Newbie
Threads
After 3 seasons, I noticed the unit wasn't tracking straight. No creeping at idle. Tire pressure okay. Front free wheels turning freely. Pulled to right going forward and left in reverse. The service manual said to adjust the faster (left) wheel by adjust the cap screw lever stop. This would slow the mower down overall and give me a left forward position that was shorter than the right. So I adjusted the linkage by transmission and that seemed to straighten it out. I also noticed the right steering arm is sloppy. Meaning it hits the metal of the arm well when pulled to inside. This causes the handles to hit each other just with the tips. This never happened before. The left arm is tighter and will not hit the metal arm well. Both levers have the nylon bushing where the arms attach. I haven't hit anything with the mower. My son drives and no telling what he may or may not have done.

How can I tighten the arm back up?

turboawd

Threads
inspect the trans brace underneath the rear and make sure all the bolts are tight and nothing broken. when the bolts start getting loose, the machine may drift.

one of my levers felt a bit loose. i just tightened up the nut on the pivot bolt which has the spring on it. that helped.

ab38off

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will look underneath next. I did not see anything on top that looked like it was cause any slop.

Thanks
ab

bricehome1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine hasn't done that before either, but now it does (handles hitting) They replaced a pump on the left side, because it went bad at 93 hours. My dealer just told me to put them in the break position and bend them back a little, not too much pressure, but a little.. Shouldn't have to do that. Maybe I will try a little. Damn its hard to find good help.

mhavanti

Threads
Brice,

You shouldn't need to bend anything. Use the adjustments built into the unit.

Also tell your dealer he needs some training.

MrCat

Forum Newbie
Threads
They bend way too easy, and I only have 12 hrs on mine.