Blades X300 leveling blades

Dcash0262

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have x300 and I can't seem to get the deck level. The left side blade appears to be cutting about 1/4 to 1/2 in lower in the center than the right side blade. I have replaced the left side spindle and still have the same problem. Is it possible to shim the left spindle using washers on the spindle between th deck and the spindle mount to correct this issue? I believe the deck may have been bent in the past by striking something or going over a stump. Any info appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have x300 and I can't seem to get the deck level. The left side blade appears to be cutting about 1/4 to 1/2 in lower in the center than the right side blade. I have replaced the left side spindle and still have the same problem. Is it possible to shim the left spindle using washers on the spindle between th deck and the spindle mount to correct this issue? I believe the deck may have been bent in the past by striking something or going over a stump. Any info appreciated.

Firstl remove the deck, clean the spindle housings then grab the blades at the ends and try to see saw the blade.
While doing ths check for cracks in the spindle housing where the lugs for the bolts are.
If they check out as OK then .
Remove the deck, and position it on some hardwood 2 X 4's .
With another length of hardwood and a BFH give the deck some hefty wacks.
Remember both sides so smack it up on the low side & down on the high side.

If you are into Y- tube search for Taryl Fixes All - deck repairs .
HE goes through the BFH method then shimming the spindle when this fails.
Note how he supports the deck and how HARD he smacks the deck, fairy taps will not cut the mustard.