Commercial Push Mower

maxcalvada

Threads
I have a very small lawn mowing business. Mostly urban sizes lawns. Having trouble with both new and used mowers I've purchased. Main problem seems to be dust getting in the carb(and engine?). This is especially true mower easement areas - I think salt trucks in the winter kill the grass and ruin the soil in these areas.

Man who fixed my newer Poulon mower last summer suggests I get a larger push mower with bigger engine to handle this. He had such a mower. Larger than mine, but not to large. I don't need the biggest push mower.

Any suggestions on what I could buy?

ALSO, are there possibly any plastic/plexiglass covers I can put over the carb/engine area when I'm mowing in dusty areas?

Thanks.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
You might look into a pre-filter like Enginaire for a good mower without going commercial (unless you want to have a commercial mower)
You can do a search for engine pre-filters or look specifically into the one I mentioned above. I have had great luck keeping dust and grass etc. out of the engine using one of these.

maxcalvada

Threads
You might look into a pre-filter like Enginaire for a good mower without going commercial (unless you want to have a commercial mower)
You can do a search for engine pre-filters or look specifically into the one I mentioned above. I have had great luck keeping dust and grass etc. out of the engine using one of these.

Sounds good. I would prefer to keep with consumer level mowers if I can. Again, my clients have mostly small yards. Where would I find a pre-filter such as Enginaire and who would install it. I have some older mowers for backups. Can pre-filters be installed in those too?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
They have a web site and probably would give you the best information about specific applications. I don't know why one of their units couldn't be installed on most any engine.

WEEDDOCTOR

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a very small lawn mowing business. Mostly urban sizes lawns. Having trouble with both new and used mowers I've purchased. Main problem seems to be dust getting in the carb(and engine?). This is especially true mower easement areas - I think salt trucks in the winter kill the grass and ruin the soil in these areas.

Man who fixed my newer Poulon mower last summer suggests I get a larger push mower with bigger engine to handle this. He had such a mower. Larger than mine, but not to large. I don't need the biggest push mower.

Any suggestions on what I could buy?

ALSO, are there possibly any plastic/plexiglass covers I can put over the carb/engine area when I'm mowing in dusty areas?

Thanks.

Buy and ariens 6.5 walk behind very good mower lots a snot

maxcalvada

Threads
I found a Ariends 6.0 mowers at Lowes website. Around $650. That's a little high for my budget. The lower priced consumer mowers I use now work fine for the 10 or small to very little size city lawns I service. Again, the dusting getting in them appears to be the main problem. I'm guess-timating I mow less than an acres worth of lawn every week.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF! :smile:

I moved your thread to the Mower Buying & Pricing Forum.