Raptor SD or Bad Boy Elite 54

TobyU

Threads
Most people do get by fine with the 2100 or 3100 as long as they keep the pressure washers and water hoses away from them and don't get water into them.
Replacing axle seals or wheel bearings and seals in-wheel motors for the original commercial Hydro systems was fairly commonplace that might have been what that person was doing. Those were the systems that had separate pumps and wheel Motors. The newer systems and the residential one with the unitized transmission are a whole different barrel of monkeys once you open one up or have internal problems.
The reality is if a person has a major problem or failure they are going almost certainly going to replace that side with another known good used one, a new one, or a remanufactured one. Most shops won't even do internal work or rebuild or repair them.
I've done maintenance work on several Cub Cadet, Ariens and simplicity that have 500 - 800 hours and the Transmissions are still working fine. Most machines I get in for service from residential customers only have 270 to 400 hours at 10 to 14 years old.

PVHIII

Threads
Niether... I'd go with a Gravely HD...JS