When it Comes to Mowers; What Brand is the Flat Head Hemi of Small Engines?

RoofTopPigeon

Threads
  • / When it Comes to Mowers; What Brand is the Flat Head Hemi of Small Engines?
When it Comes to Mowers; What Engine Brand
is the Flat Head Hemi of Small Engines?

hemi1.jpg

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've seen flat heads and I've seen hemi heads but I've never seen both together.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
FLAT-HEAD ... HEMI-HEAD ..... DUH ..?????

ding.jpg

RoofTopPigeon

Threads
What is the HEMI of the Small Engine Market?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
My opinion is that a diesel engine is the best for mowers, tractors, etc. They are practically maintenance free. Carburetors and ignition systems are the major source of gas engine problems and diesels have neither. Most people won't shell out the money for a diesel, though.

Among the gas engines, my choice would be Kawasaki.

RoofTopPigeon

Threads
What would be the "Hemi Head"
of the Mower Engine Market Be?

NorthBama

Threads
Fuel injection? Maybe :confused3: Never owned a race horse just a work horse

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Opposed twins. Gas guzzlers with lots of torque.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hemi heads have a dome chamber with the valves and spark plug built into the dome. Chrysler came out with this style head. Flat head or L head engine is what older small engines had. Ford came out with a Frat head V8 from 1932 till 1953 which was a very popular racing engine. I don't know what you are asking or looking for here??? These heads are no where alike :confused2: The racing or tractor pulling small engine would be the older flat head Kohler model K in which you can buy parts to modify. They are getting over 60 HP out of some of these Kohler K engines.