Gravely ZT 2148 transaxel

Carl Denton

Forum Newbie
Threads
To the Gentleman with the transaxel problem on a ZT2148. I have the same problem and have searceh the internet for parts. All Parts Suppliers and Dealers say this part has been discontinued and is unavailable. Mower is less than 10 years old and I have 2 of them. Will never buy another Gravely or recommend one to a friend

This is their way to make you have to buy new mowers and have good motors and decks that you cannot use or sell. A now $ 5,000.00 + piece of junk:mad:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To the Gentleman with the transaxel problem on a ZT2148. I have the same problem and have searceh the internet for parts. All Parts Suppliers and Dealers say this part has been discontinued and is unavailable. Mower is less than 10 years old and I have 2 of them. Will never buy another Gravely or recommend one to a friend

This is their way to make you have to buy new mowers and have good motors and decks that you cannot use or sell. A now $ 5,000.00 + piece of junk:mad:

A fool & their cash are easy parted.
Have you actually asked Gravely about a work around ?
There will be a plethoria of drives that can be used to replace them as most have common mounting holes then it is just matter of modifing the controls ( if needed )
If Graveley give you no joy go to the drive makers there are always alternatives.
AFAIK old man Ariens did not burst into the home of the tranny makers and demmand he cease supply of the drives or his head will be blown off his shoulders .

I love people with small man complexes who love to believe every one is conspiring against them.
Gravely is a family owned company and as such is fairly well service orientated and very conscious of their good name .
Down here where thay are about 1% of the market they bend over backwards to be helpful.
OTOH a lot of dealers do not give a tinkers curse and the bigger the dealer the less helpful they are.

TobyU

Threads
Looks to be a hydro gear 355-2400r or close to it.
Rebuild kits on eBay for 300. Complete used one for about 300.
New ones shown on several sites for 950-1100.
Gravely might want to say "NLA" no longer available, and want to sell you a new mower but as popular as these things are I would think there would be good availability.
Do you have the numbers on the tag on the drive itself?
Have you talked to hydro gear?