simplicity tractor hydro bypass

dmouf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dear everyone I have a regent 1694316 and even with the bypass engaged (pull), i can't push the tractor. it seems to be engaged. what can be the problem ?

the tractor works find but I can't push it

regards

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure the brake is off.

dmouf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure the brake is off.
Thanks BlazNT, yes brake is off, when I lift the rear I can turn the wheel clokewise and the other wheel turn unclockwise what ever the bypass is pulled or pushed, showing that bypass does no work.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We need the model number of the mower and if you can find it the numbers off the drive.

dmouf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello model is regent NB 1694316 sticker on the drive says "TUFF TORQ K46Z S/N 46Z-0008226 SMPL P/N : 1721020"

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks BlazNT, yes brake is off, when I lift the rear I can turn the wheel clokewise and the other wheel turn unclockwise what ever the bypass is pulled or pushed, showing that bypass does no work.

That means the brake is on.
The brake works on the layshaft, not the axel so it locks the diff
Thus with no load, each wheel turns in opposite directions.

They get chockers with dirt & debris and need to be cleaned from time to time.

dmouf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dear bertsmobile1, thanks for your help. I will try to clean it. But do you think that this break on would affect the normal operation of the tractor ? Because it works pretty well when i cut the grass. Regards

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dear bertsmobile1, thanks for your help. I will try to clean it. But do you think that this break on would affect the normal operation of the tractor ? Because it works pretty well when i cut the grass. Regards

Thanks,

You are correct in the assumption that if it drives OK the the brake is not on.
However are you sure it is driving OK
I get the odd mower come in that has a partially locked brake but because the engine can overpower it the owner does not realise it is on.
When you go to push it , your 1 man power can not do what the engines ?? Hp can do, so we need to cover a few bases.

Other than that you will need to get the mower up in the air and check that the bypass rod is actually moving the bypass lever on the box.
Sometimes the rods connecting the bypass lever can come off or bend because the lever rarely gets used so rusts in the closed position.
It is on the right side , front of the box about 3" long.
It will only move about a 1/2 turn at most, a lot only move 15 deg.
Check it can move ant the control rod is actually moving it.