At My Wits End

suggsd

Threads
I NEED THE MODEL NUMBER OFF THE ENGINE BEFORE I CAN HELP MORE. Spark plugs are cheap and each engine requires a different gap or heat range. The correct plug needs to be in the engine.

The only # that I can find is Family YBSXS.4652VB 275086 . Thanks Clyde

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The only # that I can find is Family YBSXS.4652VB 275086 . Thanks Clyde

That is probably on an adhesive sticker, right? The number you're looking for is stamped into the sheet metal of the engine somewhere. Sometimes you have to remove a layer of grime to see it. Look in the vicinity of the muffler and spark plug.

suggsd

Threads
That is probably on an adhesive sticker, right? The number you're looking for is stamped into the sheet metal of the engine somewhere. Sometimes you have to remove a layer of grime to see it. Look in the vicinity of the muffler and spark plug.

By George I think I've found it . 28D702 1142-E1 020313ZD

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When youhad the head off did you check for obstructions in the muffler ?
Mug pluggers, small rodents etc seem to like to set up shop in there.
If the muffler is blocked the exhaust can not get out and the engine chokes on it's own exhaust gas.

Alloy block you are looking at 15-25 ft/lbs.
Number is not critical
All being the same is

suggsd

Threads
When youhad the head off did you check for obstructions in the muffler ?
Mug pluggers, small rodents etc seem to like to set up shop in there.
If the muffler is blocked the exhaust can not get out and the engine chokes on it's own exhaust gas.

Alloy block you are looking at 15-25 ft/lbs.
Number is not critical
All being the same is

Will check for blockage . Glad to hear from our friends from down under . Good day mate .

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I just recently had a mower that wouldn't start unless I sprayed starter fluid in carb and come to find out, it was bad gas from the year before. Flushed the fuel out and put in fresh gas and it started right up. Runs like a champ.

suggsd

Threads
First I would replace spark plug and fuel filter, Then check valve lash. Remove all fuel from tank and fuel lines. If you have air compressor the blow out fuel lines. While at auto parts store for spark plug get some starter fluid. After you replace spark plug squirt a little starter fluid in the carb and see if it starts. If it starts then use a little more to see if you can keep it running. If you can the you need to remove and clean carb.
Dirty carb
Down and dirty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBL-BUj0c6E
More technical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAk_WDt3AD8

I checked valve lash clearance and was in limits . One thing I noticed was that when I turned the flywheel I could feel a lot of air blow out of valve blow-by tube . Is that normal ?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I checked valve lash clearance and was in limits . One thing I noticed was that when I turned the flywheel I could feel a lot of air blow out of valve blow-by tube . Is that normal ?

Single cylinder engines are pumps. As they bring air and gas in the cylinder with the downward movement of the piston, they also force a corresponding amount of crankcase air out because the volume of the crankcase decreases as the piston travels down. It is this very thing that makes 2-cycle engines possible.

So, yes, air coming out of the crankcase is normal.