Engine L118 won't start with new carb

40deerenut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 10 year old JD L118 that got hard to start. I cut all the safety stuff off of it and am planning to use it without the mower deck. New Battery will spin it like crazy now. The 22 hp V-Twin Model # 407777 Type 131E1 wouldn't run without the choke almost entirely closed. I took the carb off, took it apart, soaked it in Berryman's, washed it and all parts, and put it back together, Wouldn't start at all. Bought a new carb for 188.10 ad installed it with all the new gaskets, etc. Won't start with even the new carb. Getting good fire, fuel pump working good. Carb getting fuel, just won't start. Will start and run with staring fluid until the fluid is used up. Do I have a bad new carb, or is there anything else I need to check?

40deerenut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found it. Hot wire to the carb solenoid was burnt and shorted out. Had to pull the entire wire out to see it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Found it. Hot wire to the carb solenoid was burnt and shorted out. Had to pull the entire wire out to see it.

AHA ..... you mistakenly reported the carb. WAS GETTING FUEL ...... shame all over you ...( LOL ) clik on pic !

giphy.gif