Exhausted?!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess it all depends on what you want this tractor for? We have tractor pulls around where I live and can get around 50 HP out of some of these small engines. Its all about on how much money you want to spend? The Kohler K model is a very popular engine to modify for this.

ricebridge

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess it all depends on what you want this tractor for? We have tractor pulls around where I live and can get around 50 HP out of some of these small engines. Its all about on how much money you want to spend? The Kohler K model is a very popular engine to modify for this.

Well, I wouldn't mind being able to use it for as much as possible! Of course, making it as quiet as possible is one goal, but more important than that is making it as strong as possible. Even with its 12.5hp it seems a little weak from time to time, and if I could pump its muscles up enough to have it double as a snowplough during the winters, that would be an extra plus (albeit not necessary).

Indeed, silence and power are generally contradictory goals, I do realise that.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, I wouldn't mind being able to use it for as much as possible! Of course, making it as quiet as possible is one goal, but more important than that is making it as strong as possible. Even with its 12.5hp it seems a little weak from time to time, and if I could pump its muscles up enough to have it double as a snowplough during the winters, that would be an extra plus (albeit not necessary).

Indeed, silence and power are generally contradictory goals, I do realise that.

Living in upper NY state I know all about snow removal. I am using a 12 HP Wheelhorse garden tractor with a snowblower and find other then wet heavy snow it has all the power it needs. You will find that using a snowplow it traction that is lacking other then power.

ricebridge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Living in upper NY state I know all about snow removal. I am using a 12 HP Wheelhorse garden tractor with a snowblower and find other then wet heavy snow it has all the power it needs. You will find that using a snowplow it traction that is lacking other then power.

Yes, it's snow chains that you need, right?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, it's snow chains that you need, right?

Yes chains and weight. I don't know your snow conditions in Sweden but don't expect to move large amounts of heavy snow in one bite. It sure will be a lot better then a shovel. If you do have a lot of snow to move you will like a snowblower much better.