Clutch will not kick in when blade switch is pulled on

plowboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Clutch will not kick in when blade switch is pulled on
My blade pull switch on my John Deere Ztrak 830A had been giving me problems, or so I thought. It was working intermittent activating the blade clutch, but always worked when first starting out, with the blade clutch problem occurring after mowing for a while then having to get off, which turned off the blades. It would eventually work so I could finish the job, but I dared not to get off and hope to get the blades turning again. So I purchased a new pull switch and it seemed to work fine for a while. It has now started the old trick of intermittent blade clutch operation. Today I could not get the blade clutch to kick in at all. There is a disconnect in the wires about 6 " out of the clutch housing, which I disconnected and cleaned the prongs(2) for each part. still nothing. Would like some ideas on possible problem. Thanks!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Clutch will not kick in when blade switch is pulled on
My blade pull switch on my John Deere Ztrak 830A had been giving me problems, or so I thought. It was working intermittent activating the blade clutch, but always worked when first starting out, with the blade clutch problem occurring after mowing for a while then having to get off, which turned off the blades. It would eventually work so I could finish the job, but I dared not to get off and hope to get the blades turning again. So I purchased a new pull switch and it seemed to work fine for a while. It has now started the old trick of intermittent blade clutch operation. Today I could not get the blade clutch to kick in at all. There is a disconnect in the wires about 6 " out of the clutch housing, which I disconnected and cleaned the prongs(2) for each part. still nothing. Would like some ideas on possible problem. Thanks!

First get your manual and adjust you air gap. If that does not fix it then I would suspect your one of your saftey sweches has an intermintant problem. When this happens again mess with brake then stearing arms the seat till you find the problem.