Mower deck My Snapper does not cut grass

Johnmoshust

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently purchased an 11.5 hp Briggs and Stratton powered 28 inch cut riding mower. I must push cut my lawn with a walk behind mower before my rider will cut without clogging. If I cut a putting green this miwervwould be fine. I have never tried it as a mulching mower, only using the exhaust chute. Even with the deck set as high as possible the mower clogs and sometimes the engine stalls. Is this a problem if poor deck design?

Mow Joe

Threads
The 28" deck is a Hi-Vac. If there are no air-lifts on the blade, it won't exhaust worth a hoot. Other things to check. The engine must be running at full throttle, IIRC 3600 RPM. Make sure the belt is not slipping. You don't state a model #, but back when I was a dealer, the early Hi-Vacs had a smaller discharge hole and grass would sometimes collect at the narrow end of the hole toward the rear of the deck. Sometime later the hole was made bigger which helped this a lot.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have to ask but is the bade installed upside down? I purchased one off Craig'slist like that. Looked at the blade three times. Something was not right......

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Recently purchased an 11.5 hp Briggs and Stratton powered 28 inch cut riding mower. I must push cut my lawn with a walk behind mower before my rider will cut without clogging. If I cut a putting green this miwervwould be fine. I have never tried it as a mulching mower, only using the exhaust chute. Even with the deck set as high as possible the mower clogs and sometimes the engine stalls. Is this a problem if poor deck design?

Post a picture of your blade and deck here please.

slomo

Mow Joe

Threads
This thread is a zombie, started over two years ago.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This thread is a zombie, started over two years ago.

Sorry to bore you sir. Some of us are passionate about mowers. I thought it might help someone else out.

I see you enjoyed it too. Thanks for your zombie comment. Have a great day sir.

slomo

Last edited: