1960 Lawnboy ET-1 edger

unclelee

Threads
This is my 1960 Lawnboy ET-1 edger that I have been fixing up. It is the first model for Lawnboy edger's.
She was a basket case when I got it, but it seems better now.

jp1961

Threads
Hi Lee,

Nice work. I envy your restoration ability. The safety shield looks in a different position from the before picture?

Regards

Jeff

Last edited:

unclelee

Threads
Hi Lee,

Nice work. I envy your restoration ability. The safety shield looks in a different position from the before picture?

Regards

Jeff

In the before picture the edger was missing the wooden roller that the ET-1 originally came with. Someone had installed the third front wheel like was found on later modles. I put it back to the way it came. The gaurd rotates to adjust blade heights
Lee

2smoked

Threads
I sure enjoy seeing your finished work. Don't you just wish they made yard equipment like this today?

unclelee

Threads
Thanks 2smoked. In a way I wish they still made equipment like they used to...but then again if they did, these machines would be common and we wouldn't appreciate them the way we do. And we probably wouldn't spend the time and money to fix them back up.
Lee

jp1961

Threads
Very nice Lee,

Wow the carb bowl and gas tank had a bit of gunk in it,,,lol. Did you replace the lower crankcase bronze bushing, or use the original?

Regards

Jeff

unclelee

Threads
Bushings are original. The engine got new rings, upper and lower seals and reeds. And of course a carb rebuild and new ignition. The original fuel tank was replaced with one from a buttercup.
Lee

unclelee

Threads
Hey, I can see my photobucket pics again!!