toro clutch not engaging

jlivingston

Forum Newbie
Threads
If anyone can help or knows how to fix. I have an older toro 11hp mower and the clutch will not fully engage, so once the mower is in gear, stepping on the clutch should disengage the the drive but it doesn't. It keeps in gear and moving. I'm hoping its a spring replacement but I have no idea.

thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is a primer example why I posted this suggestion in the thread on how to make this forum better. I have no idea of which model of old Toro the OP is talking about. How could anyone offer help.

After a frustrating week a suggestion that has been brought up many times is to have a sticky that will be forced on every new member before they are allowed to post which would include the following.
If you want help from the technicians on this forum, please be sure to include the following:
1. Make sure that you have included the model and serial numbers for the unit.
2. Make sure that you have included the model, type, spec, code numbers for the engine.
3. If you are or are not mechanically inclined.
4. If it is an electrical problem, are you electrically inclined and what test tools do you have.
5. If you don't know a part name, a picture is better than that black thing under the dash.
6. Please do not tell the techs that their replies can't be possible. Yes we can make mistakes, but we have years of experience and are not there looking at the unit. We can only go by what is posted and if you don't like it, just don't follow it.
7. Please have patience, the dealers and service techs who try to help are very busy at most times of the year and we may not be able to reply for a day or two. We do this because we want to help people, but for personal gain.

Trying to help becomes way more difficult and frustrating when the info provided is not enough or confusing to make a good response.