Anyone know what this means???

Cheygunslinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had my mower for about a month now and I noticed today that the hour meter has a code or something displayed. Has anyone ever seen this or know why it changed the display?

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 130

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
That gauge is different. An analog (sweep) fuel with a liquid crystal time....A long shot: That alpha-numeric read out almost looks like what is called "hexadecimal, " a digital language. If it is I would guess the "chip" is bad inside. Call the factory tech if you can get a number.

Tomster

Threads
If you look at it upside down it says "help"! I know that didn't help but it's all I've got.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
It may also just be that the liquid crystal is on its way out....! just a thought. should be showing a "8" and not a "d"

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
AW C'mon you guys ........ you know it means ...break out your wallet ,...N man ... this is gonna cost ya ..!!! ( LOL )

Cheygunslinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
LOL you guys are a riot!! I would hope that I don't have over 78K hours on a month old lawn mower....I must be mowing in my sleep. ??. I have been busy this week but I will call the place where I bought it from and see what they say. Just wanted to see if maybe anyone had ran across this before.

Cheygunslinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok so took the mower to the dealer that I purchased it from. I guess there was a service bulletin on this mower because it keeps throwing the deck belt. The problem with the hour meter they said it just needs to be reset. Not sure how they do that but I hope that it is fixed when I get it back.

Mr. Mower

Threads
Ok so took the mower to the dealer that I purchased it from. I guess there was a service bulletin on this mower because it keeps throwing the deck belt. The problem with the hour meter they said it just needs to be reset. Not sure how they do that but I hope that it is fixed when I get it back.

Please post what exactly was done to fix/repair that gas gauge/hour meter display, by the dealer. If they tell you that they only had to 'reset it' please inquire as to how exactly this was done, what was involved, etc.?

I have that same style fuel gauge/hour meter on my Hustler Raptor. After only a few months with my new Raptor the only problem that I did have with it was the fuel gauge needle indicator would constantly indicate "F" (FULL) regardless of how much fuel was actually in the tank. There obviously was a problem and when I called Hustler I was informed that they knew they had a problem with this and was told to take it to an authorized Hustler dealership service center and that it would be repaired free since my Hustler Raptor was under warranty.

I then asked if they could just send me a new fuel gauge/hour meter and or fuel tank internal sending unit and that I would replace it myself and they refused to do so. Hustler said that in order to replace just the fuel gauge/hour meter the whole fuel tank needed to be replaced and for legal issues only an authorized Hustler service center were permitted to do this type of repair.

I then called a couple of Hustler dealer authorized service centers and inquired specifically about this problem and was told that yes this was a known problem with this type of fuel gauge/hour meter and that it had to do with either 1.) the fuel tanks internal sending indicating unit going bad or 2.) the fuel gauge/hour meter receiving an incorrect voltage.

But as far as an unknown digit indicator such as what you posted a picture of ? well that is definitely a new one.

The fuel gauge/hour meters little hour glass indicator on the display is only an indication that the mower is keeping time (hours) usage.