PTO issues 50" Triton w Kohler 27.

eric331

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings all,

I have what I think is a PTO issue starting. I have a couple of undeveloped properties plus my own 5acre home in Naples Fla. I have had this particular Exmark for 6 or 7 years. It is garage kept at 100%. It runs very strong cuts through grass /weeds that it should'nt what I am trying to say is I spend a lot of time on it know every sound it makes and 9 times out of ten I know prior to it happening
when something is going to happen. Lately, last 2 or 3 times I've used it that when I engage the PTO it kinda slips into place where as before when you engaged the PTO it SLAMMED positivily and came up to speed and you knew you were cutting grass. I dont get how its acting, yesterday it was struggling to get through a little high drought dry grass. A little back story new idler pulley and geuine xmak deck belt more then month ago initially ran perfect untill maybe a week ago. I have yet to put it on the lift but I will very soon thats why I am hoping for some input. One thing I will say seems different is there seems to be more play in the belt when it is off and u grab it(belt) with your fingers. Not a 100% sure of this but it seems like it

eric331

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well managed to solve my own problem feeling pretty stupid. The loose belt was the key, the belt was completely off the idler pulley but still had enough tension to half run the blades when engaged. So I am back to 100% and feeling stupid LOL