LT1018 Tire Pressure

magnum308

Threads
Hi,

I have a Cub Cadet LT1018. Just wondering what the tire pressures should be front and rear?

I cannot see any mention of it in the manual.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rule of thumb I use for 90% of today's lawn tractors is; 14-16 psi. front and 9-11 psi. rear.

jtphenom

Threads
Hi Rivets,

Would you say your guideline for 14-16 in the front is true even if the front max PSI is listed at 40? Mine is listed at 40 PSI max. I've got the ZTL 54".

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No, Zeroturn mowers are different, due to different weight distribution. I would recommend between 30-50 psi. For your's I would put in about 35 psi.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Rule of thumb I use for 90% of today's lawn tractors is; 14-16 psi. front and 9-11 psi. rear.

Cub Cadet LT1018 I guess I don't agree at all on this. 8 PSI front and rear. Its a lite weight lawn tractor. You will also need a low pressure tire gauge to check these pressures. This is the pressure I have been using for years for myself and customers and never had a problem with it. If a tire has a 40 PSI max that is what the top pressure you can put into it, not what to run it with. Not that it matters that you like the high tire pressures, it will just ride on the hard side. It guess it all depends what you like.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As you said it's what you like. We have found that the pressures I listed have worked well for us. Go with what makes you feel good.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
As you said it's what you like. We have found that the pressures I listed have worked well for us. Go with what makes you feel good.

We just have rougher lawns here in NY then you have in Wisconsin or I just need more padding on my back side. :smile:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi Rivets,

Would you say your guideline for 14-16 in the front is true even if the front max PSI is listed at 40? Mine is listed at 40 PSI max. I've got the ZTL 54".

The numbers on the rim or tyre are the MAX SAFE pressures, not the recommended operating pressures.
People die from tyres or rims disintergrating when tyres are pumped up too high.
A rear tyre can have over 100 litres of air in there and when it finds a weak spot all that trapped air makes a bold dash for freedom.
If you, your eyes, ears etc are in the way, tough luck for you
A bit of dog poo on a tyre that blows can pop an eye and smash an eye socket, come out faster than a 12 bore shotgun.
Even simple things like bacteria can get blasted under your skin and cause serious health problems ( which is why you dont blow yourself down )

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
bertsmobile1;267677 Even simple things like bacteria can get blasted under your skin and cause serious health problems ( which is why you dont blow yourself down )[/QUOTE said:
Yes this is very true. I guess I am very guilty of this because when I work on something very dusty I use the air blow gun to blow the dust off of me. Yes I know its wrong but just where dose safety start and end???

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can turn down the supply pressure or use a duster gun with a large outlet.
I have a duster that used to have a pointed nozzel that screwed in.
Now it is screwed out so the outlet is 5/16" so the air comes out a lot slower